11.05.2011

The Blessing of Family







Well, this post is a little late, but things have been pretty busy for me.  I had the opportunity to fly to Milwaukee, WI over fall break, and let me tell you, It was a fantastic experience.  I met my family up there and we stayed in a cabin in Door County.  A beautiful county filled with wine orchard after wine orchard, and tons of cute boutiques.  So, in other words, it was my kind of place.  We mainly just enjoyed each others community with the addition of some shopping, and a Packers game.  My entire family on my dad's side was there and it was so great to see them!  On Sunday, we went to the Packers vs. Rams game, which was a blast!  We got there early and tailgated a little bit, and then sat down in Lambeu field and rooted on the green and gold.  So that was fall break and it came at just the right time.  I've been feeling really homesick this year.  I was a bit last year, but nowhere near this much.  I think part of it is because both Jonathan and Gabrielle are now married, and Jon has a baby on the way.  My family is starting to have their own lives and pursue their dreams, which is great, but difficult, when it means they don't have as much time to spend with you.  So being able to have my entire family together and not have to worry about celebrating a holiday was wonderful.  They are all truly a blessing and I enjoy every minute of the time I get to spend with them.  Oh, and I got to see Mason Crosby!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment