3.21.2012

Sweet Deviled Eggs.

Alright, so many of you know how to make deviled eggs already.  But do you know how to make sweet deviled eggs?  I have grown up having these at every holiday and it wasn't until I was in college and going to other people's homes for holidays that I realized not everybody's deviled eggs are sweet(I found out after putting a ton on my plate and then not liking them at all, but feeling like I had to eat what I took).  So I decided to show y'all how to make deviled eggs in, what I consider, the right way.  Now just a disclaimer, these are not good for you at all, but they taste sooooo good!  Also, when I asked my momma for the recipe, she told me it was in her head and there actually was never a recipe written down.  I asked her to show me how to make them, and it was all through estimation.  So, I did my best to estimate the amounts she was estimating.  :)

Recipe
1 Dozen Eggs (hardboiled)
1 Cup of Miracle Whip (do NOT use mayonnaise...it will ruin everything!)
1/4 Cup of sugar
1 Teaspoon of Vinegar

Okay, so obviously, you are going to hard-boil the eggs.  If you do not know how to do that, do nott fret, I did not know either until about a year ago.  Just google it...that is the beauty of the internet.  After you have boiled the eggs, peel them.  Do this carefully so as not to tear the egg white.


Next, cut them in half vertically. 


After that, take all of the yokes out and mash them in a bowl.  You want them as mashed as you can get them.  They are going to be a gravel like consistency.  


Next, mix in a separate bowl, the Miracle Whip, sugar, and vinegar.  You want this to be creamy, but not runny.  It also will be gritty.  If it isn't gritty, then you need to add more sugar.  If it seems too thick, you can add a bit more vinegar.  


Next, you are going to mix in the egg yokes.  You want it to be a creamy mixture.  If it is still a little bit chunky, because of the yoke, that is okay.  


Next, you are going to transfer the yoke mixture into a pastry bag(used for frosting cakes).  If you do not have any of these, you can use a spoon, it just won't look as fancy.  Make sure if you do use a pastry bag, that you use a fairly large tip, so that it doesn't get stuck in the bag.  Once you've transfered it, you just squeeze it into the empty egg halves.  After you're done, you can sprinkle paprika onto them if you want.  This doesn't change the taste, it just adds a little more decoration.  And viola! 







No comments:

Post a Comment