5.24.2012

Unashamed Intimacy.

"We desire unashamed physical, spiritual, and emotional intimacy, because it mirrors Christ's love for us - We are broken, but He still loves us. " -Wes Simmons

My campus minister said this to us on a monday night group meeting last semester and it is something that has stuck with me ever since.  He continued on by saying, "Don't require a man to be Jesus for you, because he can't and he won't, which will only leave you disappointed."  So often I find myself reading books or watching movies and seeing relationships working.  Couples my age finding love and getting married.  And I want that so badly.  And the reason I want that, is because it is what I was made for.  I was made to be loved and to love in return.  It is the very fiber of who we are.  We are creatures that crave love.  And we look for it in money, jobs, sex, and relationships.  Love that doesn't exist in those things, at least not in it's purest form, which is how we need it.  No, the only way we can find love like that is in and through Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment