12.12.2011

My baby sister.

Meet my baby sister madeleine.  She is my best friend in the entire world. We have been through everything together and I am so blessed to be able to call her my sister.  I can honestly say that I don't know what I would have done without her.  Yeah, we're your typical sisters and we've had our fair share of fights, but I love her with all of my heart.  Being away at college and being 800 miles away from her is one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do.  I miss sitting on her bed and talking about life and boys and what to wear to school the next day.  I miss teasing her and watching movies with her and just being able to see her smile.  My heart breaks that I can hug her and hold her in my arms and tell her that everything is going to be alright.  She's been in my life since I was 4, and I suppose you could say that I see her as my own daughter.  I want to be able to give her the world.  Well, today my baby sister is turning 16.  I can hardly believe it!  She should still be that little 7 year old girl playing barbies with me or house on my grandparent's farm or attempting to make snowmen in our yard.  She shouldn't be a sophomore in high school.  She shouldn't be able to drive a car or have a job.  She should still be a little girl.  I've always heard people say that "it seems like just yesterday they were toddling around the house," and now I finally understand it.  I never knew how quickly time could fly until I measured it against my baby sister's life.  So here's to Madeleine, Happy 16th Birthday!  The last sixteen years have been such a blessing and I pray that there are many more to come.  You are an beautiful woman of God and it is amazing watching you grow in Him.  I love you sis. 



No comments:

Post a Comment