1.23.2012

My Big Sister.


Today my big sister's 26th birthday.  I am so blessed to have her in my life.  Her love and devotion to Christ are such an encouragement.  In one week, her husband and her will be traveling halfway around the world to Ethiopia, where they will be working in a hospital for a month.  When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, helping people was the last thing on my mind.  I wanted to do something for me, something that would help me make money, something that would give me a "good" life.  That was until I saw her passion for Africa.  Whenever she would come back from a mission trip, she would be overjoyed about it, but also filled with anticipation for the next time that she would be able to go back.  And that is when I realized that I didn't want to work a job for me.  I want to own a business, but I want it to be one that helps people.  I don't quite know what that looks like, but Gabrielle has inspired me to look beyond myself and truly see the needs of those around me.  And for that I am thankful.  And I'm proud.  She is going to do incredible things, and I can hardly wait to see the impact she will have on Ethiopia and those who know her.  Happy Birthday! I love you sis!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said! You and your sister bless me beyond measure with your compassionate hearts! I love you both! Momma

    ReplyDelete