1.05.2012

Repurposed Toms

As some of you know, I love Toms.  They are my favorite shoes and I have loved them since I was a freshman in high school.  For those of you that don't know what Toms are...they are canvas shoes, and when you purchase a pair, you are in fact purchasing two pairs....one for you and one for a kid that doesn't have shoes.  Unfortunately though, when you wear them as much as I do, they start to get holes.  So, instead of buying some new ones (I'm on a budget...), I just fixed my old ones!  I purchased material from Walmart.  I didn't get canvas, but I found some fun zebra print!  I started out actually sewing material on them, but when I got to the front tip of the shoe, it was really difficult to get my hand down in there, so I turned to the lovely super glue.  It worked really well, and now I have one of a kind, hole-less toms! (sorry about the picture quality...I had to use photo booth, because I don't have a camera right now)



Also here is the link, so you can go buy a pair of TOMS

No comments:

Post a Comment