7.04.2012

Loose Change

For those of you that know me well, I love far off places.  And while I've only ever been to Central America, many of my fiends and family have traveled to distant lands.  One of the things I love most about other countries is their money.  It says so much!  It can be colorful, show famous leaders, display domestic animals, and even give detail to the countries traditions.  So, I always try to ask people to bring me back some bills or coins from wherever their travels might take them.  While I love looking at the different pieces of money, they have always just sait in a bowl on my desk.  After trying to figure out a good way to display them, my mom came across an easy fix.  She had seen someone else do this with just a ton of pennys and it looked pretty cool, so I thought I would give it a try.  So here it is, how to organize and display loose change:



So, we had this spare frame laying around our basement.  I took out the picture of the flowers and carefully placed each coin where I wanted them to be.  You can glue them down onto a piece of background paper if you want.  I didn't do that though, because the thought of putting glue on my precious coins scares me.  However, after placing them so nicely and then putting the back on the frame, they all moved.  At first I was kind of frustrated by this, but then I realized that I like how disheveled it looked. 



So here it is!  The semi-finished product.  I didn't have enough coins to fill in the frame, which is a good thing, because I plan on collecting more of them.  Also that one coin at the top got stuck up there, but I decided that it gave it some character, so I left it there.  In any case, it's an extremely easy way to get that bowl of coins off of my desk and display my collection.  


No comments:

Post a Comment