5.20.2011

Pesto Pasta

I am home from school and loving the time away from studying.  One thing that I hate about college is the fact that you can't cook.  Well, you can, but it is so difficult to do.  But, since I am home, I have been dong some cooking and baking.  Here is a recipe that I found for pesto, and it was delicious! I changed it a bit, so I've put my version of it on here.  bon appetite!


Ingredients
  • 1 pound dried linguini
  • 1 bunch basil leaves (about 2.5 ounces)
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts
  • 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 of a lemon)
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • Salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

  • In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook to package directions. 
  • While the pasta cooks, create the pesto by blending the basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor. Season with the salt and pepper.
  • Drain the pasta. 
  • In a large serving bowl, toss the pesto with hot, freshly cooked pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment