4.12.2011

Art

  There are so many different quotes about art, one of my favorites is:
     "The Earth without "Art"     is just  "Eh.""
  As many of you know, I am trying to figure out what I am supposed to do with my life.  It's something that every college kid struggles with.  I have found that even the people most confident about their majors question it at one point or another.  I have really been thinking about not doing art, and that kind of saddens me.  I have always thought I would do something with art, but as I look at it realistically, it just doesn't seem like the right thing for me to be doing.  And as I thought about this more, I realized that art is part of who I am.  Whether I major in it, minor in it, or don't do anything with it in college, art is always something that I will do in my free time.  Besides writing it is one of the best ways for me to express myself.  Without art, I don't know who I would be.  And I'm not saying that it is the only thing that defines me, but besides my faith it is probably the biggest thing that does define me.  Whenever I'm supposed to describe myself or tell people something about me, I always say "I'm an artist" or "I love to paint" or "I love to take pictures." It is part of who I am.  One of the biggest compliments someone can give me is not on how good of a grade I got on this test or how they like my outfit, but that they like my art. 
  However on the other hand, one of my biggest pet peeves is when someone says that they can't paint, or that they are bad at art.  That is the beauty of art! You can't be bad at it! Every artist and every observer have different tastes in art.  Some people like realism:




others(like myself) like impressionism:

 and still others like abstract:



 It all matters on the point of view you have.  And so to those people that say they can't do art, this is what I say:

No comments:

Post a Comment