4.08.2011

It's Jesus Y'all



Last night I had the opportunity to watch Godspell.  My friend, Randall Nored, played Jesus and he did such an amazing job. I felt like I was his mom, watching him up on stage.  I was so proud!  And speaking of his mom, I was able to meet his family, mom, Linda Nored and brother, Ronald Nored.  I don't think I have ever met such an incredible family.  They have gone through so much and are all still so joyful!  I honestly could not stop smiling when I was around them.  There was something about them being so joyful that just made me forget about everything else that was going on.  It got me to thinking about how contagious joy really is.  There is something about joy that all of us want.  I began thinking about it even more and where joy comes from, and the answer was obvious.  It comes solely from God.  There are so many times when I find myself complaining about having to do this or go to that, when I should be thankful that I even woke up this morning, when I should be thankful that I am alive.  I think thankfulness is the first step toward being truly happy.  After I got out of the hospital after my surgery, I couldn't help but smile.  Now there was nothing about my surgery or my tumor that even whispered death, but just laying in that hospital bed for a week made me think about a lot of things, and about who I am and where I am going in life.  It made me realize how blessed I truly am to be alive, and that the only thing wrong with me is a kidney tumor and not something that was fatal.  I realized in that hospital bed that I need to be more thankful.  More thankful for my family, for my friends, for the roof over my head, for clean water, for food, for indoor plumbing, for love, for forgiveness, for grace, but it wasn't until last night that I realized how much joy and thankfulness go hand in hand.  Everyday for the rest of the year, I am going to try to post something that I'm thankful for and how it brings me joy.  Today, I am thankful for Randall Nored, and how great of a friend he is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment