4.11.2011

Community

So Friday was a really hard day for me.  It was one of those days where everybody was hanging out with someone, but we had someone staying with us, so I had to clean and wash the sheets.  It was one of those lonely days, where I just hated everything about it.  There were actually a lot of times throughout the day where I was thinking about what life would have been like if I had gone to a different college, one where my friends from high school had gone, a college where I had actually known people before getting there.  It was a really difficult day.  And looking back on it now, it was just because I wasn't around people.  I figured this out, because as the day went on, it got better.  A bunch of us ended up getting together and having a bonfire, and it was an absolute blast!  This was my first bonfire that I have gone to, and I'm told it's not a southern thing, but I really feel like it is, and if it isn't, then it must be a small town thing.  Anyway it was so much fun!  We all just hung out and talked, and just grew in strength as a community.  I made a few new friends and got to know the older ones better.  All around, it was just a fantastic end to an awful day.  All the cares and worries of that day seemed to burn away in the orange glow of the fire.  It made me realize how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment